Monday, April 16, 2012

$10.00 Challenge


Ryan & I enjoy a good competition between us from time to time, so after reading this blog we got the idea to try this for ourselves.  We are EACH starting the garage sale season with $10.00 a piece.  The goal is to try to buy an item, sell it & see how much $$ we can build through the summer. We buy an item at a garage sale/Craigslist etc and then resell the said item. And whatever money we *potentially* profit we'll go on a date/weekend away etc. depending on the amount.   I will try my hardest to keep you up to date on how we are each doing.  I am ahead so far...yeah!
The Rules:
  • Our Garage Sale season starts Saturday April 14th
  • End of the competition  September 2nd
  • You cannot go in "debt" buying an item
  • you can borrow from the other person as long as they are okay with that
  • we will tithe 10% of our end profits 
  •  
FIRST WEEKEND OUT:
Not only do I love this, but it gets my husband EXCITED about wanting to go garage selling with me! (double bonus!)  We headed out Saturday morning & I spent my whole $10.00 all in one place and bought this...
 Now, nothing special but I was able to sell it today for $50.00!  One thing had caught Ryan's eye but it was in a little rougher condition than we thought we could resell it for.  {Check back for updates throughout the summer}
 
Week 1 standings:
Ashley: $40.00 profit
Ryan: 0.00

Let the Games Begin!

5 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! What method do you use to resell your items?

Ashley Houck said...

Hey Amy!

No Method really...its a hobby I've been doing for the last couple of years as a stay-at-home Mom. I've developed a good "sense" of what would re-sell on craigslist with household items & my husband has mastered the mechanical ones. We make a great team. Interested to see how this turns out. :-)

Rachel said...

I agree- How fun!!! Anxious to see how it goes :)

Kindra said...

Oooo, game on is RIGHT! This sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the great idea! Visiting from TT&J

Annette {One Perfect Room} said...

Great, fun and profitable idea! Visiting from TT&J.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...