- AMC – Free Large Coke with Large Popcorn purchase Exp 1/31
- Barnes & Noble – BOGO 50% Off Kids’ or Teen Book Exp 1/24
- Bath & Body Works – Free Anti-Bac with $10 Purchase Exp 2/6
- Bath & Body Works - Free Signature Collection Travel Size Item with any Purchase Exp 1/26
- Bed Bath & Beyond – Sign up for email newsletter and get 20% off coupon
- Best Buy – $30 off various Kodak products Exp 1/31
- Big Lots – 20% off purchase Valid 1/22 through 1/30
- Coach – 20% off purchase Exp 1/23
- Coldwater Creek – $20 off $100 Exp 1/30
- The Container Store - Organized Teacher’s Program 15% off each purchase
- ESPRIT - 20% off purchase
- Express – Sign up for their Email Newsletter and get 15% off your next purchase.
- Family Christian Store – 25% off regular price or 10% off sale price Exp 1/23
- Family Christian Store – BOGO 50% off Exp 1/31
- Fashion Bug – Sign up for their Email Newsletter and get 15% off your next purchase.
- Gap Outlet - 15% off first purchase when you sign up for their email newsletter.
- Gordman’s – 20% off purchase Exp 1/30
- Hobby Lobby – 40% regular priced item Exp 1/22
- Justice – 40% off purchase Exp 1/24
- Kohl’s – 15% off purchase Valid 1/-21 through 1/23
- Lane Bryant – 30% off purchase Exp 1/23
- Michael’s – 40% off regular priced item Exp 1/23
- New York & Co – $30 off $75 / $70 off $150 Exp 1/23
- New York & Co - Get Offers for signing up for their Email Newsletter
- Nine West – 15% off $65+ purchase Exp 1/31
- Office Max – $10 off $30 Valid 1/20 through 1/22
- Old Navy – Barker’s Bones Coupon Hunt on Facebook – Updated every Thursday night
- Party City – 20% off $40 Exp 1/31
- Payless Shoe Source – 15% off next purchase for signing up for their Email Newsletter
- PEPBOYS – $10 off ProStart Battery Exp 1/31
- Shoe Carnival – $10 off $49.98 Facebook Exclusive Exp 1/25
- Shoe Carnival – $5 off when you sign up for their Email Newsletter
- Stride Rite – $10 off $50 Exp 2/7
- Sunglass Hut – Free Care Kit & Visor Clip with $15 purchase Exp 2/6
- Tanger – Get Coupons for your Tanger Outlet Mall
- Target – Various Coupons
- Ulta – $3.50 off $10 Exp 1/22
- Walgreens – Various Coupons in the January Coupon Book (found in-store).
- World Market – $10 off $30 Exp 1/23
Friday, January 21, 2011
Posted by Ashley Houck at 9:11 AM
Thursday, January 20, 2011
put a little whip cream on top...yum!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
Posted by Ashley Houck at 1:07 PM
Monday, January 17, 2011
Home Improvement Coupons: Buy a few 10% Lowes off coupons on ebay found here. Even if you do not have a lowes store around your area Home Depot & Menards will honor your coupon. Say you spend 4,000 you can save up to $400.00! Pretty awesome!
Ads: Every week during our remodel I would look at all the home improvement ads. From our experience the stores will gladly match competitors ads. Since there was a lowes 1 mile from our house --I would MUCH rather buy from there instead of driving 30+ mins. to a competitors store. For instance the Menards ad for that week had a new maytag dishwasher for sale for 248.00, Lowes price for the same name brand dishwasher was 305.00 ...they matched it no problem. It wasn't even the same model either, but the same brand. We did the same thing on interior doors as well. Menards had them listed for less $8.00 a door. We needed to buy 4 so this savings added up. They matched those as well. Just by taking in a local competitors ad we saved 89.00 just by checking out the ads which takes less than 5 mins!
Planning ahead: gift cards off ebay: And since you are doing a remodel and knowing you'll be spending some $$ at your local hardware store (ours happens to be lowes) you can buy a gift card off ebay again here. For instance say someone is selling a 500.00 gift card you can sometimes get them a little bit discounted. For instance I was able to get a 500.00 lowes gift card for 476.00 a savings of 24, but if you use ebates or some other cash incentive program you could save even more! I usually go through ebates which gives you 3% back on your purchases through ebay. saving another $14.00! So that 500 dollar gift card only cost me $462! Pretty cool, huh?
1+ 2 + 3= A whole lotta savings.
Hope this helped! I plan to post pictures on soon of our remodel last spring!
Posted by Ashley Houck at 11:29 AM
Posted by Ashley Houck at 11:12 AM
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Posted by Ashley Houck at 9:06 PM
Friday, January 14, 2011
Today and tomorrow, January 14-15, you can save 40% off of your ENTIRE in-store purchase at Gap! Just bring along this coupon, or just even show it to the cashier on your smart phone and you will get the discount!
Posted by Ashley Houck at 4:02 PM
we did it for a number of reasons:
1.) couldn't put a carseat in the backseat
2.) poor gas milage
3.) we are
we hope to get another one someday soon (and pay with good 'ole cash!) but we sold our truck within 36 hours! Is that not God blessing this decision or what!?
here are a few tips that worked for us.
1.) pray about it, even before you list the car. We prayed that this car would bless someone else, that selling this car would be honoring to God. (I can't stress this one enough)
2.) Clean it up. Get out the old shop vac & clean that little puppy up so it shines inside & out. My husband & I did this together and it took about 2 hours.
3.) Take alot of pictures. Take a bunch of pictures. Lots of angels & lots of different positions. People like pictures, the more the better.
4.) Set a fair price. We did not want to sit around with this truck for a long time. Once we felt good about selling it, we wanted it gone. Kelly Blue book suggested this truck go for 3,500 - 4,500. We went for the lowest number & put 'er on good old Craigslist.
5.) List the good and the bad. This one is key. You do not want to waste your time & potential buyers if you do not list the cars weaknesses. For our specific truck we had two weaknesses. (rust & the air conditioner did not work) we weeded out alot of non-serious people right there!
6. Contact info & Payment: Make sure to give them your cell & what type of payment method you'd accept. In this era of bad check writing etc we opted for a fool proof method: CASH, it speaks! Make sure you know your bottom dollar you'd accept and keep to it. For example we listed our truck for 3,500 and knew of bottom dollar was 3,200. We ended up selling it for $3,300 dollars, $100 dollars MORE than we bought it for two years ago!
Here was our ad.
1997 Dodge Dakota Sport 4X4
We are selling our 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport. (4 X 4) Little under 126,000 miles. We absolutely LOVE this truck, however we are trying to become debt free so this little beauty has to go! We have owned this truck a little over two years and have never had trouble with it. Mechanically sound & very reliable. We love having the 4 X 4 in the winter as well. (has come in handy a lot!) Very well taken care of and maintained with regular oil changes.
Recently Had done:
New front breaks
New Water Pump
(1) new wheel barring
New Plugs & Wires
Changed transmission fluid about 15,000 miles ago
4 Wheel Drive works great
Never left us stranded
V8 5.2 Liter Engine
Air Conditioner --we are not mechanically gifted people & never looked into getting this fixed. Not sure what the problem is. Could be simple fix, don’t really know.
A few rust spots
We believe in full disclosure. We want you to be happy with your purchase.
Kelly Blue Book had this truck listed from $3,500 (fair condition) --- $4,500 (great condition)
Serious interested parties.
No low balls please.
$3,500 Cash only please
Posted by Ashley Houck at 3:47 PM
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
You know, the living extreme, Beans & Rice diet, dave ramsey believers, living with your grandparents couple, , menu planning, coupon cutting, craigslist sellin’, debt kickin’ fools! Here is our latest progress. Go God, ‘cause its ALL because of Him!
Posted by Ashley Houck at 4:02 PM
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Posted by Ashley Houck at 3:56 PM
Monday, January 10, 2011
Posted by Ashley Houck at 9:43 AM