Thursday, May 27, 2010

did you know...text google!

my husband has one of those fancy, fun blackberry's for a phone,  I definitely want one, but don't need one so I'll have to get my fix by "borrow" his a few times a day!  :--)  Anyways, one cool thing my Brother & Sister in law told me about is TEXTing  google to get answers to your questions.  For instance say you want to see the movie times or get a phone number for the pizza place in town...they'll give you an answer/phone number in a matter of seconds! Here is how it works (standard text messaging rates apply)

In the TO section of the text message write: 46645
say I want to know what the weather will be like today.  I write "weather 50010" and within a few seconds, I'll know!  so cool.

From local business listings to stock quotes, you can get the information you're looking for with Google SMS.
Text message your search query to 46645 ("GOOGL" on most devices) and we'll text message back your results. Try our interactive demo below and view results on the phone image as you would on your own mobile device.

Click here to see a demo of what i mean! 

Isn't that cool?!  I now have 46645 as a contact under Google!  

Hope you enjoy this little trick!  :-)





3 comments:

Salty Gal said...

That is pretty cool...I had no idea!

Amy said...

That's awesome, thanks! Although the website says it's 466453 to fully spell Google.

Ashley Houck said...

Sweet! The phone number didn't work on my phone with the six digits, only with five. Hope one of them works for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...