Friday, April 2, 2010

Health{ier} Cupcakes

I consider myself to be a beginner in so many areas;
I am.....a first time mom
I am... an infant @  crafting
I am....a plain Jane @ cooking & baking ( I can cook the basics but I'm no Rachel Ray at all!)

(I could really go on here!)


this one is as simple of a  "recipe" that tastes sooooooo good!  All you need it a box of CAKE MIX & a diet soda (I used sprite zero)  ...THAT IS IT.  You do not need vegetable oil or eggs to make them.  You can even go healthier {can you even use that word when referring to cupcakes? :-) } and use lemon cake mix and just sprinkle with powdered sugar. yum!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 (as the box directs)
Stir Cake Mix & Sprite Zero together (it will fizz, ALOT)
Put in cupcake liners using a ice cream scoop..and walaaa!

my aunt Vickie made these last Thanksgiving and i STILL remember how good they were :-)  (Thanks aunt Vickie!)

Frosting them:  a tip for a 'poor mans' way of frosting.  Take a zip lock baggie and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag to have the frosting come out there ...in a nice, clean manner.  then, once your done throw it away. easy peesy.   unfortunately i didn't think of this brilliant idea til my last cupcake.  figures.  :-)  turned out pretty good too.


Got any Easter plans?  I really hope you have a wonderful weekend and will really reflect on the real reason for Easter.

"The angel said to the women, ‘Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.  He is not here; he has risen, just as he said.'"
Matthew 28:5-6a (NIV)

 Our Easter Plans: We are so blessed and get to see BOTH sides of the family this weekend including Ryan's grandparents who have been in Arizona all winter...to say the least I think Grandma Janice is anxiously awaiting to see her little great grandson :-)   Safe travels to you all and happy Easter--HE HAS RISEN.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks so good, can't wait to try making some!

alice said...

I am making these as I write! Choc and diet coke! post later with out come!
smiles, alice

Fleur de Bee said...

We are making cupcakes tonight for tomorrow....so I'll try this as a seperate batch! I'm excited as I've never heard of these! Happy Easter!!

Ashley Houck said...

Alice,
You will have to let me know how they turn out. I haven't tried making them with diet coke before! Thanks for checking out my blog!
:-)

Ashley Houck said...

Fleur De Bee,
So excited you are trying them. let me know what you think. Happy Easter.

janimal said...

Ooooh, I never heard of doing that before. What a cool idea! I will definitely do this. Thanks!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I definitely want to try this! Thanks for the tip.

Kaysi said...

That sounds so good, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

Atticmag said...

Cupcakes look great and very Easter-y. Hope you'll come by and comment to get in on our useful giveaway. -- Jane F.

monica said...

I am going to be making these for LG tomorrow night.

I will let you know how they turn out!!!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing! I am having my first linky party tomorrow (Tuesday) if you'd like to stop by and link-up: www.craftedition.blogspot.com

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Oh this looks yummy and so very easy. Gonna try the recipe this week--thanks!!

Jen said...

Perfect for someone like my son who is allergic to eggs! I used the same recipe for his 1st b-day and they came out pretty tasty! :)

MrsJenB said...

Isn't this great?? I made something like this a few years back when I was on Weight Watchers, using angel food cake and diet cream soda. It stole the show on Easter, even over my cousin's famous brownies!

Glad to have found you @ The Girl Creative!

Anonymous said...

Add two egg whites and it makes the cake lighter in texture. If you like pumpkin pie, take a box of carrot cake or spice cake and add a can of pumpkin puree. Bake according to package. Yum-O

mzmanzano@roadrunner.com

iammommahearmeroar said...

What a crazy, fun idea! Who would have thought? I'm excited to try it. Thanks for sharing such a fun tip!

Me and My Pink Mixer said...

I've always made these with Diet Coke and Chocolate Cake Mix - I'll have to try your version soon! I top mine with fat-free cool whip - makes a great low-cal treat!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to try these. My son is allergic to eggs too. WOW. I am so glad you shared this sweetheart!

Delia said...

Hot dog! I am going to have to try this. what a neat trick! I found you on mclinky from tip junkie. :)

Dani said...

This is THE ONLY way we make cakes at our house. My daughter has so many allergies, so your way is the way she can have cake. I was so excited when I found a way to make her a cake!

Her favorite is white cake mix with orange or peach drinks!

Unknown said...

do you have to use diet soda? this sounds really interesting....and simple!

Expressions by Heather said...

As often as I bake, I still have never tried the "soda" cakes- they look fantastic!

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday!

Lady J said...

Found you from BCD. This looks like a fun treat and easy for the kids to help make, too.
Thanks for sharing!

Magic Brush said...

i think I could actually do this!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! I cant cook, but I can paint. Stop by my painting blog sometime!

Blessings, Jennifer

Stacey said...

That looks good and easy. I want to try it! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...