Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Homemade {Strawberry} Foot Scrub

My sister came over last night and we experimented with a new homemade foot scrub.  We were a little skeptic at first...but quickly became believers

Ingredients:
 8 to 10 Strawberries
2 TBS of Olive Oil
1 tsp of Sea Salt or Rock Salt


Preparation
Mix all ingredients.  I used a food processor which worked great.  Otherwise you can just mush 'em up til they get to looking like this... 
THEN...massage into feet, rinse and pat dry.

~This foot scrub works great and my feet were so soft afterwords. I massaged it in for about 5 minutes and let it sit for another 5 minutes. I hopped in the shower to rinse it off. ~

My feet and hands {yes we did our hands while we were at it} felt AMAZING after it was done!  AND...the best part...you most likely have all the ingredients in your house!  


Let me know if you try this little recipe out!

Blessings,
Ashley

This inspiring idea came from my frugal lifestyle!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this recipe, I am going to do this with my granddaughters this weekend.

Ashley Houck said...

Patti,

You bet. It is a great girl bonding time activity!

Lana said...

I just have to try this!! I need this for summer sandals and I bet it smells soooooo good!

Hugs, Lana

Ashley Houck said...

Lana,

it does smell so good! my whole kitchen smelled of fresh strawberries. yum!

Ashley

Anne said...

Thank you so much for this! I've been trying to cut costs and so I'm not getting pedicures anymore, and my feet are looking ROUGH! This is just what I needed! :)

Ashley Houck said...

Anne,

I hear ya' on the cutting costs front. I can't wait for you to try this out...its awesome on the heels :-) thanks for checking out my blog!
Ashley

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

very fun and I bet it smelled really good too!

Helena said...

Mmm, Fawnda is probably right- I bet that smells sooo good! I think I'm gonna have to give this a try- especially since strawberries are on sale right now...

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas said...

I love the smell of fresh strawberries - and I'm sure my hands and feet would smell great all day. Thanks for experimenting and posting. I'll be back - I'm now following :)

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

I bet it smelled delicious too!

Unknown said...

That looks awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. How decadent! :)

Stacey said...

OOooh. I bet this smells so good too. Makes me want a foot rub along with it!! Thanks for sharing at 'Look at me, I'm SO Crafty!' at Fun to Craft.

Julie said...

Sounds fun! Thanks for sharing!

Atasha said...

I am going to try this but let me tell you, it's going to be super hard not to eat these sweet strawberries!

Unknown said...

I'm trying this tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe!

Robyn said...

OHH that sounds great! And strawberries are inexpensive this time of the year too! ...although I think my feet are a lost cause but can't hurt to try!

Laura said...

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

I'd love it if you stopped by the "Saturday is Crafty Day" party starting on April 24th. Check out my blog for details.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love this--I am always in need of a good foot scrub! Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

How fun! I'll bet it smells wonderful too!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...