Thursday, March 25, 2010

button magnets

in the last month or so I've been trying to be more thoughtful in my gift giving.  not that i gave thoughtless gifts before, but i'm really starting to see its the THOUGHT that counts not how much you spent on it.  like i mentioned last week, one of our friends lost his dad last week.  it was our friends birthday yesterday.  and i was really trying to think of a thoughtful gift.  and then i remembered something,.  when his dad first got the news of his terminal illness one of the FIRST things he said was "i never had a button collection, i always wanted one"  it had been one of those things he had never done, but really wanted to.  so his son got a jar and they all started collecting buttons, every time they were out at a store etc.  by the end his jar was full 
.  so....getting back to his birthday I made some button magnets he can stick on his refrigerator to remember his dad by.  check out my finished project.  
 or you can double them up.  like this.  
blessings,
Ashley


5 comments:

Tracy Klemme said...

Sweet Idea!

Ashley Houck said...

thanks miss tracy! :-)

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift, it actually brought a tear to my eye! The magnets are adorable and such a great idea, I can't wait to try it! Thanks for posting! (Found you through Tip Me Tuesday!)

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I bet that was the best present your friend ever got!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, boy, now I know something new I can do with the bazillions of buttons I have! (And I even have magnets!)
Great idea, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...